One of my favourite places in the world is Bali. It’s a spiritual place, full of culture, sun, sand and sea. Not to mention high mountains and gorgeous fresh food. The raw food, vegetarian, healthy food scene is growing in Bali and it’s pretty easy to get used to the island life.
My family and I spent a few weeks in Canggu, about 15 minutes walk from the beach. Fresh coconuts, fresh salads and plenty of exotic fruits makes healthy eating a breeze.
I thought I share some salad ideas which I loved from Bali.
1. SURFER BOWL
– sweet potato, tempe, bacon, over dried cherry tomatoes, roasted mushrooms, cooked cabbage, feta cheese, kale, poached egg, goji berries served with a Greek yogurt & lemon dressing.
2. QUINOA BOWL
– shredded chicken, roasted pumpkins, beetroot, edamame beans, grilled halloumi, pickled ginger, water spinach, kale pesto, cashews, spring onions served with a coriander, coconut oil and lime dressing.
3. GREEN SALAD BOWL
– rockets, avocado, spinach, kale, zucchini ribbons, pesto, cashew, feta, parmesan polenta chips served with grilled chicken.
4. COLOUR WHEEL SALAD
– avocado, sweet corn, broccoli, purple cabbage, tomatoes, radish, spinach, spiced carrots served with beetroot dressing.
5. FISH TACOS (okay not a salad but it looks too pretty not to be included)
– Barramundi (or any white fish) topped with mango, cabbage, cilantro, red onions, cucumber, mozzarella, sour cream, guacamole, tomato salsa, lime and tobasco.
Writing this blog has made me hungry for a big bowl of salad! Hope it adds some inspiration to your salad menu 🙂
Dr Terry x