I am currently not taking on any new patients until November 2023.
Are you suffering from acne breakouts?
Could it be your diet, your gut, your hormones or something else?
You might ask, “Why do I have this and how can it be treated?”
In this page, we will help you by identifying what’s truly contributing to your acne breakouts so that you can be more in control of how your skin behaves. Depending on what we find, we can either remove, replace, or restore balance to your skin.
Dr. Terry’s approach to clearing hormonal acne is finding the root cause of the problem first and foremost before recommending a patient any skin care products:
“WHEN I REALISE THE SKIN IS AN EXTENSION OF THE SOUL AND A REFLECTION OF A HEALTHY BODY AND A HAPPY MIND, IT CHANGED THE WAY I PRACTISED SKIN CARE.”
These are the skin concerns you may be experiencing right now and some of which may be recurring:
- Cystic acne
- Acne rosacea
- Sensitive skin
- Oily skin
- Post birth control pill breakouts
- Skin preparation before stopping the pill
- Acne scars and pigmentation
- Skin changes due to perimenopause and menopause
Recurring skin concerns or issues can be quite frustrating.
We are here to help you address it through understanding your skin and hormones better and how you can navigate and flow through your unique season in life.
As an Integrative Skin & Hormone Doctor, Dr. Terry now offers single consultations or 3 month programs depending on your needs and level of support required.
Dr Terry’s goal is to help you to:
- Know your skin and hormones a whole lot better
- Simplify your routines while maximising the results
- Create healthy habits that are easy to follow, sustainable, and caters to your need
- Calm and heal your skin inside out, being more resilient
- Learn to be in tune with your skin and trust its healing properties
If you are looking for an inside-out approach and are open to a new way of clearing your skin, you can read about the programs offered at the bottom of this page.
What is acne?
Acne is an inflammatory skin condition arising as a result of blockage that occur in the hair follicles. Sebaceous glands at the follicles are stimulated by hormones (which is why acne often occurs from puberty onwards) and these release sebum.
If the sebum is excessive or blocked from leaving the follicle, bacteria can proliferate in the follicle and the resulting inflammation causes a pimple or spot. The bacteria propionibacterium acnes has been shown to be responsible for acne.
There are different severities of acne ranging from whiteheads to cysts. The discomfort levels and risks of scarring increase depending on the the scale of severity. Varying factors influence the risks and level of acne and these should be examined before treatment.
You can watch Dr. Terry’s video for further information “10 reasons why your acne may not be clearing”.
Depending on your needs and level of support required, you can opt for single consultations or Dr Terry’s signature 3 month “Deep Dive” program.
New Consultation for Acne is 1 hour. You will be required to complete a 30 page functional skin & health questionnaire beforehand and you will receive a summary plan following the consultation with a guide. £450
If there are test results which you’ve had in the past or elsewhere and would like to include in the FIRST consultation, there will be an additional analysing cost such as:-
- Blood test or Food sensitivity test for £50. If both tests are taken, it will be priced at £85.
- DUTCH hormone test or GI Stool test for £150. If both tests are taken, it will be at £200.
- If 3 tests or more, it will be at £250.
Follow up Review for Acne to go through test results is 45 minutes and iIncludes summary plan to follow. £400
Follow up Review without having to go through test results is 30minutes. £350
If you would like to book a consultation with Dr Terry, please email the team at [email protected] .
“Deep Dive” Skin Energy Program
This program is suitable if you are looking to find and address the root cause of your skin cancerns. This is a 3 month program and it provides accountability and extra support in nutrition, gut health, energy management and self-care.
This program is also suitable if you want to clear your acne after you stopped using birth control pills or planning to stop it, and want to prepare your skin to minimise possible break-outs.
The investment of this program is £1800. Option to pay by instalments are available. This program includes:-
- 3 sessions in-clinic or via Zoom over a space of 3 months
- DUTCH hormone test (this is a dried urine test and will be posted to you)
- Weekly email support for the 12 weeks
- A 30-page functional health questionnaire will be sent to you for completion prior to your first consultation. Analysing time will be included for other tests done in the past or elsewhere.
- Food plans, supplement protocols and summary guides will be provided.
If you are considering the “Deep Dive” Program and have some questions to make sure its right for you, please email the team at [email protected] .
WE LOOK AT 3 AREAS THAT CAN CONTRIBUTE TO WORSENING ACNE:
- Sugar Imbalance
- Hormonal Imbalance
WE ADDRESS THE EXTERNAL FACTORS INCLUDING:
- Skin Awareness (learning how your skin respond throughout your cycle)
- Skin care products and routine
- Skin Treatments (if necessary)
DEPENDING ON YOUR NEEDS AND GOALS, WE WILL BE ABLE TO CREATE A BESPOKE ACNE TREATMENT PROGRAM FOR YOU WHICH INCLUDES:
- Lifestyle changes
- Stress management techniques
- Treating and managing inflammation
- Detox and nutritional optimisation
- Sugar balancing
- Hormone testing and rebalancing
- Targeted skin care products and treatments
This long-term inside-out approach allows your skin’s renewed equilibrium to maintain its own healthy, breakout-free appearance without harsh chemicals and irritants.
SUBSCRIBE TO MY WEEKLY NEWSLETTER
“Reflections of an Integrative Doctor”
This is where I share personal insights and tips on growing younger, feeling confident and loving the skin you’re in.